Sustainability Areas of Focus
Operations and Financial Risk Management
We operate our business with integrity and manage financial risk.
We support organizations that make a difference in the communities where we live and work and promote social opportunity.
We create a welcoming, rewarding and safe place to work and build a career.
We manage environmental risk and operate sustainably.
We are taking steps to reduce our own impact on the environment as well as to create incentives, through AFG's insurance products and services, for our customers to embrace more sustainable practices.
Fore more information on these activities, download our Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) report.
Sustainable Facilities and Practices
- The Company's leased headquarters are in Cincinnati's first and largest green office tower, utilizing numerous environmentally responsible design choices, construction practices, and development decisions. The building is certified as Gold by the U.S. Green Building Council under the acclaimed LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) program.
- In four Cincinnati, Ohio, buildings owned by AFG subsidiaries, the Company has been investing in capital energy improvements and energy savings initiatives for over 15 years. A facility management team maintains a sustainability checklist modeled on the Building Owners and Managers Association (“BOMA”) 360 Performance Program to improve operational efficiencies and sustainability.
- 41% - AFG office space located in the U.S. that is LEED or ENERGY STAR® certified for energy efficiency and other sustainability features
- 204 - Tons of paper and cardboard diverted from landfills and recycled in our Cincinnati operations in 2022
- 22 - Tons of electronic waste diverted from landfills and recycled in 2022